Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pool Time!

The sun is out and the pool is refreshing! Aubrey Rose and I have had a couple of pool days already. She absolutely loves it! Splash! Splash! Splash! That is her favorite thing to do in the water. A couple of weeks ago we had our pool fence installed. It is such a blessing! I love being able to be in the backyard with her and let her just wander where she wants. I would have to say her favorite activity is to be outside, but to be outside playing with water is the cherry on the top for her!

Here is our happy girl! Let me know if your kids need an outlet in the pool. You know ours is ALWAYS open and ready for some refreshing fun! That includes all my Canada, Minnesota and Arizona family too! :)





Aubrey Rose's new word is HIIIIIIII! It is so cute! It is pretty much the only word she likes to say on demand right now and even at that she only says it about half the time I ask her to. :) I think Aubrey Rose just likes to tease us. She understands every word we say, so I know when I ask her to say Hi, and she chooses not to, it is definitely not because she doesn't know how. This girl just likes doing what she wants to do, when she wants to do it. She is my little independent girl. Hence the reason I have yet to video tape any words she says. The video tape comes out...no words from her! She knows. :) She has a handful of words...mama, dada, uh-oh, hi, baby, eye, doggie, up, night night...I think my favorite right now is hi. Some of the reason is because it is not just hi, it is HIIIIIIIIIIIIII. That is what she was saying to me when I took this shot. She makes me laugh all day!

Our wonderful friends Garrett and Ashley, Taylor and Peyton blessed Aubrey Rose with this water table for her birthday. She absolutely LOOOOOVES it! It has boats for the water, train for the tracks and then areas to drop the water into which makes the toys go round and round. She loves it! Thank you so much G & A for such a sweet and thoughtful gift! Hours of entertaining, which I am so thankful for.

Here is a picture of our new fence around the pool. We love it...not only because it is safe for kids, but also because it doesn't block the view as much as we had thought and we can easily remove all of it or sections of it any time! Come over for a swim anytime or even just to dip your feet in the pool! I promise you will be refreshed!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Us Minnesota cousins would LOVE to come to Fresno to dip our toes in the Smittcamps pool!!! But I think our next trip has to be to Ontario first.

Let us know when Aubrey learns how to say "Good Morning!" like her mom!!!

Lots of love-
Karen

Anonymous said...

Hey, we want to come and swim! Thank you for your blog advice I am on it! I am still trying to figure out how to add everyone to my blog roll!! I probably should have gone with blogspot!