Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Random fun Wednesday!

The Amgen Tour of California finished its 4th stage here in Clovis today. This has been the talk of the town and I was proud Clovis and Fresno represented well! There were tons of people joining in the fun to see the pack of bike riders for maybe 5 seconds. Yes, hours of waiting for 5 seconds, which were completely worth the wait. We all met at Blake and my house. Our new house is five houses away from the main road they rode on. It was pretty fun walking to it from our place. We kept entertained with good company, sidewalk chalk (that a LiveStrong van passed out), a tennis ball and, of course the always entertaining, Aubrey Rose. Oh and by the way, Lance Armstrong looked great. (Okay, there was absolutely no way we would have picked him out in that second he whizzed by. But, it is fun to think I saw him today.) :-)


The crew...(from left)...Blake, our friends...Blake and Christina, Brad (Blake's brother), me, Uncle Gary (Blake's moms brother), Aubrey Rose and Blair (Blake's sister). Linda (Blake's mom) was there too. She was sweet and took the picture for us.


Auntie B is sooooo sweet to Aubrey Rose.

Not sure who is sweeter with our little girl. They both love her soooooo much!


Aunt B knows how to make a girl look good! I love the expression too Aubrey! With the beads around your neck...beautiful touch. :-)

That's a little more like it. Now I recognize you. :-)

There were TONS of people!!

They passed out sidewalk chalk. We were trying to think of what would make Lance stop to say hi. So our first thought was to write this...(and by the way, as you might have figured it out even Aubrey couldn't stop him...to my surprise!)


Blake got a brilliant idea to draw a fallen bicyclist. Bradley was our stunt man.

They are finally getting close!!!!!

Here is the pack!



Their entourage after they whizzed by.

That is for sure! Clovis hearts Lance!

So much fun! Thumbs up for a random, fun Wednesday afternoon. Thanks everyone for making it a blast!

1 comments:

trevor said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't realize you were on the side cheering me on; I woulda stopped and said hey. Honestly, everything was a blur that day ... no seriously, I was going so fast that you all looked blurry to me.
I love and miss you guys!