Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A pleasant surprise...

This past weekend we stayed home. Aubrey Rose still was not feeling up to par, so we decided to not do much besides be at home. It was such a pleasant surprise to find ourselves spring cleaning...actually I mean spring ORGANIZING! It is such a good feeling when you get to go through those areas in the house that just NEED your attention. It started with getting a few miscellaneous tax papers together. That led to organizing our files, filing cabinet, and then the closet that I have been wanting to tackle since we moved in! It is my craft closet. I have all of my wrapping stuff, ribbon, tissue, paper, my sewing materials and of course the miscellaneous extras. It looks beautiful! Then, we continued the madness into the garage! Even the fridge got to be cleaned this weekend! It was such a pleasant surprise! And you know those weekends that you just enjoy doing it together and things are just clicking while we work together on the projects....that was this past weekend. Such a joy! See...I told you the weekend was a pleasant surprise! Next project...finishing my staining of my dining room chairs. Table is done. Chairs are next. There will be more to post about later, on this subject, I am sure.
Aubrey Rose is feeling much better. She has the giggles back which are so fun to hear again. I got kind of worried about her. She started throwing up on Tuesday of last week and I thought she was getting better and then she threw up again on Friday, which is kind of weird that there were 2 days in between. Made me worry. And then on the weekend she was fine, except we still were working on her appetite coming back. I am kind of curious how much weight she lost. She honestly did not have a substantial meal from Tuesday lunch until Monday! It was so sad! The adorable little lines in her legs were starting to disappear and her cheeks were getting smaller. It made me so sad. Finally on Monday she started eating normal again. I have no idea what she had. I don't know if it was the flu (which is what our doctor thinks) or if it was from the vaccinations she got for her one year check up or what it was. No fever and no appetite, not her normal cheery self, and then she threw up a couple of times. Weird. But, we definitely looooooved the extra snuggle time from her.
Now it is Wednesday and we are looking forward to tonight! It is family night with the Smittcamps. Every Wednesday, Blake's mom is so great and makes yummy dinners for us and the family. Tonight we get to add to the family fun! We are going bowling with Blake's grandparents, MomMom and PopPop. PopPop's birthday is in a couple of days and since he is in a bowling league, we thought we would take him out and challenge his skills. :) It is Aubrey Rose's first bowling experience. Don't worry...I will bring the camera!

0 comments: