Thursday, August 20, 2009

Luke and Becca got engaged!!

Luke (my cousin) and Becca got engaged last night!!! What a fun, eventful, full, exciting day yesterday was. It was such a blast to be a part of an engagement. It has been so long for us! I got teary eyed a couple of times throughout the day because it brought back so many wonderful memories of our own engagement. It all came back so quickly. That blissful feeling of “FINNNN-A-LLY” (or at least that was my feeling after dating Blake for 6 years)! The phone calls with shrieking, freaking out calls, “I AM ENGAGED!!!!!” Those tearful hugs with your best friends and family. I love engagements and I LOOOOVE reminiscing of those fun butterflies of pure excitement Blake and I felt on our own special day. Ahhh, so fun!
Anyway, back to Luke and Becca. Luke asked Becca out for a date last night to celebrate her first day teaching (which started today). Short version…they went to a nice dinner, celebrated at the park watching the sunset and then ended up at my brother’s house. They walked in the backyard at Jesse and Allie’s to this, their proposal site…



By the way, does this look like a guy put this all together so far? Yeah didn’t think so. Luke was so sweet to include us in on their special day. He had the ideas of how the day was going to run, we had the ideas of what we needed for the proposal site. Chelsey, Allie, Luke, myself and two babies packed up in the car for the whole day of shopping and running errands to make this all come together. (I think Luke learned a lot in a day and he definitely experienced a bunch of new “girlie” stores.)

So sweet...I love this picture of these two lovebirds. This is just minutes after she said YES!

"I AM ENGAGED!!!!"
After the proposal we had a bunch of friends and family over to Blake and my house for an after party! This was so much fun. So much excitement. I think Becca had to tell the story like a hundred times for each new person that came. (Aubrey Rose only woke up 3 times to the shrieking, freaking out excitement when someone new arrived.) It was all such a blast. And then the conversations with the girlfriends…wedding talk, time frame, when did you know, the dissection of the ring, who do you think will be next, I totally think so-and-so, then so-and-so, then…adorable. It brought me back soooo fast.

Becca's family
Luke's family
Sweet friendships
These girls were so sweet to Becca. So many questions and already helping planning the wedding. So sweet!
So the wedding planning in ON! The latest thought is Thanksgiving! YES that is 3 months away! Totally manageable, right?

2 comments:

Blake and Christina said...

We are so happy for Luke & Becca. We love Luke and Becca and can't wait to hear about wedding plans and all the fun. B&C you guys were so sweet to open up your home that night and help with the whole thing. We love you!

Unknown said...

Such a sweet snapshot of the night :) Thank you for capturing our story so perfectly. I just love you three so much and the whole Penner family :) I am honored to be an official part of the family. I agree with Blake and Christina, it was so kind to open your house and spend the day making such lasting memories!